[imp] pecl install modules

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 11:11:07 UTC 2013

On 28 February 2013 10:40, peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>wrote:

> On 28 February 2013 03:09, <simon at simonandkate.net> wrote:

>> peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>

>> it

>> > Mike
>> > I agree there "has" to be one, but there isn't
>> > I tried installing one I downloaded but it has to agree with the
>> > php-5.3.3-22, php--cli and php-common I have
>> > php-devel is not in yum for redhat.
>> >
>> >  # yum install php-devel-5.3.3-22
>> > Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager
>> > This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You
>> can
>> > use subscription-manager to register.
>> > This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
>> > Setting up Install Process
>> > No package php-devel-5.3.3-22 available.
>> > Error: Nothing to do
>> > When I google install php-devel-5.3.3-22 redhat
>> > I get to various redhat pages which list the rpm but will not allow me
>> > download it.
>> > I have confirmed that the server is new and registered with RedHat
>> > Peter Lawrie
>> > --
>> >

>> RHEL package list confirms there is no php-devel package included. :-0
>> that's nuts.
>>
>> It's in CentOS 6 but different minor version.
>>
>> I did find a thread on linuxquestions that refers to enabling the RHEL
>> "optional" repo to get php-devel. Apparently that is done through the RHN
>> website.
>>
>> Simon.
>>
>> Hi Simon
> Thank you for the response. I have a centos6.3 server on my desk and as
> you say, their php-devel is a different version so I decided not try it. I
> used to install the old redhat (7, 8 and 9) but when they went to a paid
> model they became so bureaucratic and awkward with updates I switched to
> Centos. This is the first genuine redhat I've had to deal with in a few
> years and it wakens unpleasant memories of how complicated they made it!
> Thanks for the lead to the "optional" repo, I'll have a look. Just another
> complication in trying to get horde 5 to work.
> Peter
>
> Hi
More pecl problems
I found a copy of php-devel-5.3.3-22.el6.x86_64,rpm at Cern
http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/cern/slc6X/x86_64/yum/testing/
It installs and seems OK
Now I have a further problem with PECL

# pecl install imagick
downloading imagick-3.0.1.tgz ...
Starting to download imagick-3.0.1.tgz (93,920 bytes)
.....................done: 93,920 bytes
13 source files, building
running: phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version:         20090626
Zend Module Api No:      20090626
Zend Extension Api No:   220090626
shtool at '/tmp/pear/install/imagick/build/shtool' does not exist or is not
executable.
Make sure that the file exists and is executable and then rerun this script.

ERROR: `phpize' failed

But I have shtool
[root at scotz1:/tmp/pear]
# find / -name "*shtool*" -print
/usr/lib64/php/build/shtool

/tmp/pear/install has all the horde tgz files but no directories below - it
includes imagick-3.0.1.tgz
But where should imagick/build/shtool be?

# find / -name "*imagick*" -print
/var/tmp/pear/install/imagick-3.0.1.tgz
/tmp/pear/install/imagick-3.0.1.tgz
/usr/share/pear/docs/imagick