[imp] installation of horde 5 4th attempt.

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 22:40:04 UTC 2013

On 27 February 2013 23:03, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.**co.uk<peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
> >:
>
>  On 27 February 2013 21:22, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>**
>> wrote:

>>> tabs

>>> past

>>> line

>>> Are you able to show exactly which steps you undertook?  You really don't
>>> need to "uninstall" apps - that's generally not the issue.  What exactly
>>> did you install this time? Just the main packages? With dependencies?
>>>
>>> Simon
>>>
>>>  Hi Simon
>> Having run through the installation from the beginning with an empty mysql
>> horde db I installed horde/horde and horde/groupware with alldeps
>>

> Hi Simon
Thanks for your response to my dovecot posting. I'm currently in
arse-kicking humility mode.
I compared my dovecot settings using webmin to the setting on my centos6
server and realised that I had sql as the option for "data source for homes
users and ids" - probably set while I've been trying to use mysql for both
horde and dovecot authentication. I had assumed (makes an ass of u and me -
as I was once told) that restoring the dovecot files as they were when I
started would have changed that. Now I can login to usermin and also imp
authentication is working.
I made the setting data source 'standard unix' and authentication source
'default pam'.
Right now, it all seems to be working! I'm not holding my breath, try again
tomorrow and see if it still works.
Thanks for your patience.
Peter Lawrie