[imp] broken attachments with IMP 6.0.4

Laurent Mazet mazet at softndesign.org
Sat Mar 2 13:42:07 UTC 2013

Hi

I found a strange bug with some specific attachments ie some PDF files
that only use ASCII (ie byte from 32 to 128).

I think that horde use a standard text encoder to include it into the
email. However, the encoder break lines before the 1000th characters
by adding a carrier return. That's why Acrobat XI can't read it
(unlike internal Gmail pdf reader).

Strangely, followed attachments are also broken. As one can see in
this mail, I attached a compress version of a pdf file, then the pdf
file itself and after a copy of the first compressed file.

My hode 5.0.4 install came from pear depots (I just update this
morning). With H4/DIMP, I don't see the issue.

Regards,

     Laurent
Dr. Laurent Mazet   -=-  "Use the source, Luke"  -=-   mazet at softndesign.org