[imp] preview of attached files in imp

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Sun Mar 3 15:25:49 UTC 2013

> Quoting Petr ?erník <cernik at fel.cvut.cz>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i added in horde5 to mime_driver config file appropriate mime type
>> for docx and xlsx. It works very well for attached files in
>> incoming emails. But preview for attached files in compose windows
>> for docx/xlsx doesnt work (for doc/xls yes). It's a bug or in
>> compose windows (new mail) are used different functions or settings?
>>
>> It says:
>>
>> Could not auto-determine data type.
>
> Exactly what the error message implies: IMP is unable to determine
> the content-type of the attachment so there is no way the
> appropriate viewer can be used.  This often happens because browsers
> won't report a content-type when attaching a file from the local
> system, so IMP is forced to try to auto-detect the contents (which
> does not work 100% of the time).
>
> michael

Looks like I'm having this issue too.  All attachments have 100%
failure.  Is there anything we can do here Michael, to help imp know
what the attachment is?  I never had this issue in imp5, it has only
cropped up since the upgrade.  It occurs in Firefox, Chrome, Internet
explorer, Konqueror, Opera and Safari (on windows and linux), so
whatever the browser is supposed to be doing to define the mime-type,
none of them are doing it.  Is their some package in pear or horde (or
whatever) that horde uses to determine the the content type? Maybe it
needs reinstalling or tweaking...

Thanks.

-Chris