[imp] imp hordeauth=>false, external imap server, horde sql auth

Andreas Harrer alwaysthreegreens at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 19:28:48 UTC 2013

Dear Developers and Horde Users,

I  have a setup with Horde Groupware 5.04 and imp 6.0.4. I use sql
authentication for horde with standard horde conf.
As i use an external server for my mails, I want to setup imp to login
this external imap server. On this imap server I have no oportunity to
choose my username. Therefore I have to login to imp with different
credentials than to my mailserver. (I use firstname.name for horde sql).
What works is, that if I use a test horde user on my system with the
name: myuser (assigned by my mailserver company for the host
mymailserver.net) i can login by sql to the horde portal. I get
automatically loged into imp too. There i can see my inbox receive and
send emails over the external mymailserver.net

If I login with any other user on my horde server (firstname.name) first
of all the login is very slow. (2 minutes)
When I go to imp the imp login screen is presented (thats completely ok)
If i want to login with myuser and mypass (given by the provider of
mymailserver.net) the login fails.

syslog:

Mar 10 19:51:16 myserver HORDE: [imp] Mail server denied authentication.
[pid 19478 on line 387 of "/var/www/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]

For me it seems that there is something wrong with: 'hordeauth' => 'false'
Is there a solution for that? Can I configure somehow hord users to use
other credentials for the imap server and automatically loged in to imp?
(I think this was possible in the general imp options in older imp versions)

backends.local.php:

$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'mymailserver.net',
    'hostspec' => 'imap.mymailserver.net',
    'hordeauth' => 'false',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC
3501
    // [6.2.3]), so TLS is the only guaranteed authentication available by
    // default.
    'secure' => 'false',
    'maildomain' => 'mymailserver.net',
    'smtp' => array(