[imp] Umlauts and character problems with html mails

norbi norbi at rocknob.de
Wed Mar 13 10:58:34 UTC 2013

> Zitat von norbi <norbi at rocknob.de>:
>
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> i cant see umlauts in emails, they was composed in html.
>>> umlauts in the subjects are no problem, umlauts in text-mails are no
>>> problem, only in html, i cant see umlauts.
>>>
>>> horde 5.0.4
>>> imp 6.0.4
>>> browser: firefox 19 / ie 9
>>>
>>> any hints, where i have to search for fixing this ?
>>>
>>> i see somthing like this :
>>>
>>> sagalnsgdnasdg#
>>> sadgÀöÀöÀöasg
>>>
>>> asdg
>>> ÀöasÀ
>>> gösÀa
>>> dgÀösa
>>> dg
>>>
>>> norbert
>>

>> no answer here... after some digging i found "one solution".
>>
>> if i change line 198 in "imp/lib/Mime/Viewer/Html.php"
>>
>> from "$charset = 'UTF-8';" to "$charset = 'ISO-8859-1';" it works !
>>
>> but i dont think that thats the best solution ?
>
> Is this with all emails or just a few?
> Does this affect emails written by IMP or read by IMP?

seems to be a bug in horde/imp.

because, if i send email over the same webmailsystem, the webmailsystem
is using "Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8". if i send email over
my local thunderbird or outlook, they using "Content-Type: text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-15".

but horde has fixed in line 198 Html.php the chartset to UTF-8.

so i think the right solution is "$charset =
$this->_mimepart->getCharset();"

right ?

affect emails read by IMP.