[imp] DIMP: Quick searching of messages does not work, says "Loading" forever

Jannis Andrija Schnitzer jannis at schnitzer.im
Fri Mar 15 13:48:50 UTC 2013

Hello there,

we are running IMP 5.0.8 on Horde 4, and we are experiencing the problem that the quick
search field is not functional. Upon entering a search term and hitting return, a ledge
appears at the top of the e-mail list, saying "Loading", all e-mails disappear from the
list, and a spinning circle graphic appears. Without any feedback in the user interface,
a HTTP POST request is made to /viewPort (I can provide you with details about this). A
search term that should definitely give results produces the following viewPort content:

/*-secure-{"response":false}*/

Moreover, absolutely nothing is logged about the request or even the issue. It might be
interesting to know that upon choosing the "Traditional" IMP interface at login, search
functions as expected, the issue occurs only in the dynamic user interface.

I would be very glad about hints about how to resolve this, or even just where to start
looking for errors. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jannis Andrija Schnitzer
   on behalf of the University of Heidelberg's student associations conference's IT