[imp] "delete messages marked as 'deleted' " menu entry

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Mar 20 13:09:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

currently I'm using latest IMP from PEAR. For my account, I've set the
"delete" preference to "move messages to the trash folder".

Accessing a shared email folder, I see plenty of messages marked as
"deleted", as other users have different "delete" preferences,
obviously at least one having it set to "mark as deleted".

I would like to finally delete all messages marked as "deleted", but
see no option in the corresponding drop-down menu. I assume that this
option is currently only available when I've configured "mark as
deleted" in my personal preferences.

Would it be acceptable to change the algorithm to either *always*
display that option (independant from the personal delete option -
there still may be old "marked as delete" messages when changing that
preference, too) or even make its appearance dependable on the actual
existence of such messages in the currently displayed folder?

Or have I overlooked something in the first place and that option is
simply available somewhere else?

Regards,
Jens