[imp] Mailbox sort problem in Groupware Webmail 5.0.4

Aria Bamdad aria at bsc.gwu.edu
Thu Mar 21 15:35:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just upgraded from horde/webmail 5.0.3 to 5.0.4 which is horde/imp 6.0.3
to 6.0.4.  After the upgrade, when you sort a mailbox by using the 'Message
Date', the sort order is incorrect.  That is you can see groups of message
that are correctly sorted but are not in the right sort order overall.
Sorting by 'Arrival time' appears correct.  I see this in Dynamic/Basic and
Mobile mode.  Unfortunately, in Mobile mode, there is no way to set the sort
order to 'Arrival time' so the Mobile mode is unusable in this manner.

I have already tried the following:  Clear browser cache, use a different
user account/mailbox, test using an empty/fresh horde database and purging
the horde cache on the server but same results.  Going back to 5.0.3 fixes
the problem.

I have also tried adding the following to my backends.local.php file:

$servers['imap']['capability_ignore'] = array('SORT');

to see if it is an IMAP related problem but I see the same sort results.

Thanks,

Aria