[imp] rename imap subfolder - bug

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 21:53:51 UTC 2013

Em 02-04-2013 13:16, Michael M Slusarz escreveu:
> Quoting Makeri Kutsonu <horde-bug at challo.de>:
>
>> We have a IMAP-Server, where the Folder are : .Folder.Subfolder ...
>>
>> If i rename a Subfolder. then preallocated only "Subfolder".
>>
>> If i rename it to e.g. "Subfolder-renamed", then this Folder is not a
>> Subfolder,
>> it is on top-level : .Subfolder-renamed
>
> This has nothing to do with an MUA like IMP.  Rename behavior is
> controlled by the IMAP server.

Hello:

I was wondering about the exact same issue.

Please, take a look at the picture in the link below:

http://tinypic.com/r/2vjahdv/6

For example, I'm trying to rename a folder that is under other folders:

Clientes
  |___ Eduardo_Chimenti
         |____ Material   <--------

So the full path for the folder is "Clientes.Eduardo_Chimenti.Material".

When I right-click on rename, IMP asks what name I'd like to input, and
the text area is populated with the current name (in this case:
"Material"), without the full path preceding it.

Unless I change it reinserting the full path (i.e.
"Clientes.Eduardo_Chimenti.Newname"), the folder will not just me
renamed, but will actually be moved as a top folder, because the full
path was not provided.

If I do the same thing on Thunderbird, the folder gets the new name, but
stays where it were, below its current parents.

Thanks,
Luis Felipe