[imp] relaying through server with horde5 and remote mail clients

peter lawrie peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 18:54:10 UTC 2013

On 3 April 2013 23:25, peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>wrote:

> Thanks
> That README.html is the one I spent two days getting into knots with.
> If there's nothing else, perhaps I should just start again, once I'm over
> the 'flu.
> Peter
>

> On 3 April 2013 18:11, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>wrote:
>
>> http://www.postfix.org/**documentation.html<http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html>
>> http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_**CONFIGURATION_README.html<http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html>
>>
>> Maurício José T. Tecles
>> Instituto de Biofísica C. C. F. - UFRJ
>> mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
>> Tel.: (21) 2562-6544
>>
>> ----- Mensagem de peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.**uk<peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>---------
>>     Data: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 23:42:24 +0100
>>     De: peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.**co.uk<peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
>> >
>>  Assunto: Re: [imp] relaying through server with horde5 and remote mail
>> clients
>>       Para: imp at lists.horde.org
>>

>>> On 2 April 2013 22:21, peter lawrie <peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.**co.uk<peter.lawrie at glendiscovery.co.uk>
>>>
>>>  Hi

>>> --
>>>

> Now I'm over the flu, I have been trying to make postfix work from
thunderbird.
Users within horde can send and receive mail, between themselves and to and
from external email addresses.
When I use thunderbird as an external client I can see the mail, but fails
every time on smtp for sending.
The smtp setting in Thunderbird is STARTTLS with normal password
The error is "An error occurred sending mail: The mail server sent an
incorrect greeting:  "
If I use my google smtp setting it works.
I've spent unpaid hours trying to work out the correct settings from the
howtos

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html

Here is the code I have added to /etc/postfix/main.cf
the virtual file and virtual.db contain all the domains and users, postmap
-q seems to give the correct responses.
I don't have a vmailbox

virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps
# virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/mail
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/bcc
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME
home_mailbox = Maildir/
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
mailbox_size_limit = 0
allow_percent_hack = no
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated permit_mynetworks
check_relay_domains
# inserted pjl for SASL
smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = %smtpd_sasl_security_options
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname

# SASL SUPPORT FOR SERVERS
#
# The following options set parameters needed by Postfix to enable
# Cyrus-SASL support for authentication of mail servers.
#
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_security_options =
allow_untrusted_routing = yes