[imp] IMP does only search a source if "email" field is set

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Apr 18 09:30:42 UTC 2013

Hello,

from what i can see IMP always only searches a source if the "email"
field is set in that source (backend). We have some backend (SQL)
which only uses homeEmail and workEmail with email commented out. This
backend will not be searched when typing in a address when composing
mail. As searching in Turba works fine this way it is somewhat
unexpected that email must be set to get it working in IMP. We have
worked around by setting

'email' => 'object_email_home',
'homeEmail' => 'object_email_home'

but i'm not sure if we get in trouble with this.

Furthermore it looks like it is always checked if the "email" field
contains an address, so if some contact only has a workEmail it is
simply skipped.

Expected behaviour or should i fill a bug?

Regards

Andreas