[imp] Spamming through Horde

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Thu Apr 25 18:38:06 UTC 2013

I’m working with an older version of horde-imp on a server running FreeBSD 5-4 Stable. They have a problem with people occasionally hacking into accounts in the webmail system and spamming through them. When this happens it can be very hard to identify what hacked webmail account got exploited because there is nothing in the mail log or message headers to indicate which account the spam message came from, and there is nothing in the horde or imp logs to record what messages were sent out, and by whom. So I am looking for a way to either log what account messages came from in the mail log, record that information in the mail headers of the messages themselves, or have horde log what messages were sent out through the mail log system and by whom. Any information that could help with any of the above would be greatly appreciated.