[imp] 6.1.0-git

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 17 20:51:45 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 16 May 2013 19:38, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
>> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>> Because it made zero sense to set a one-size-fits-all spam reporting
>> solution in the configuration file.  What happens if you have two servers
>> listed in backends.php, your local IMAP server and Gmail?  I'm about 102%
>> sure that you do not want the same spam reporting configuration for both of
>> these servers.

>>> So, I've added these configurations items to
>>> imp/config/backends.local.php and still I have no report as spam
>>> button in my mail interface anymore.
>>

>> And you added them in the correct format, as described in
>> config/backends.php?  You can't just copy/paste the old lines from conf.php,
>> if that's what you did.
>
> Interesting - the old way was of course much easier to configure :)

I would disagree.  Previously, you may have had to configure in BOTH
conf.php and in a hook, depending on the backend.  That is a confusing
configuration design.  Now all configuration takes place in a single
location.

Just because it is less familiar doesn't mean it is not easy.

> Innocent reporting is a little trickier.  How does one move it back to
> the Inbox?  From the docs, I have:

Post-spam actions are a user-defined activity, so this is configured
in the preferences ('move_innocent_after_report').

>>> How is it possible to go back to a version that has it?
>>

>> If you already upgraded to IMP 6.1, hopefully you created a backup of IMP
>> 6.0.x you can revert to.
>
> How does that work if you install via pear?

You could have cloned your installation.  Or installed to a different
PEAR directory.

These days, it really isn't the (potentially time-consuming)
responsibility of a software project anymore to support these kind of
"multiple-setups on a single machine", at least software projects that
don't have vast resources.  VMs are so ubiquitous, cheap, and easy to
setup and they accomplish precisely this.

michael