[imp] attachments larger than 100 KB are corrupted

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed May 22 16:08:46 UTC 2013

Quoting Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:

> On 05/22/2013 10:06 AM, Cooper Self wrote:

>>> Where do you store attachments? If in VFS, which backend do you use?
>>
>> Thank you for the response.
>>
>> I am using VFS and the backend is MySQL/PDO
>>

> FWIW, we are testing the same Groupware/Imp versions using the local
> FS for the VFS backend and not having any difficulties with large
> (1MB+) attachments.

I would use another VFS backend.

As has been stated multiple times on the lists the last few months,
SQL databases ARE NOT a good idea for storing any sort of binary data.
  This is partially because of the inherent historical design of
RDBMS, but primarily because configuration simply is a crapshoot
across various DBs.

You will be MUCH better served using a different backend for things
like VFS and Caching than SQL.  This is a major reason why we have
added support for a NoSql backend - MongoDB - in Horde 5.1 since this
kind of db HAS been designed precisely to hold this kind of binary
blob-ish data.

michael