[imp] Resume mail

Lukas Gradl horde at ssn.at
Fri May 31 15:03:50 UTC 2013

> Quoting Lukas Gradl <horde at ssn.at>:
>
>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> This never existed (at least in any sort of supported form).  And
> regardless: this exactly describes a template message.

In another IMP-Installation here (Horde 3.1.7 and IMP 4.1.6) one could
"resume" any mail and this would create a edit-message window with the
user logged in as sender and to,cc,bcc,subject,body,... from the mail
resumed.
There was even a configuration-option for that:
$conf['user']['allow_resume_all'] and
$conf['user']['allow_resume_all_in_drafts']

And no, this is not a template message, see (one of) our usecases below.

> I don't understand your use case then either, since what you are
> asking for takes multiple steps and also seems oversized for a
> single message.

On of our usecases is:
One writes a message to a group of people (which is individual to
every message) about a certain aspect of a project. Part These people
might be not stored in our addressbook, as the belong to some single
aspect only.
Whoever wants to add something or even just confirm pressed "resume"
added his text an the message had exactly the same recipients as before.

Now i can:
reply to all: all to: addresses move to cc: and you have to copy them over
forward (all ways offered); the to: addresses are lost at all.

creating a template is possible manually only (at least I didn't find
a possibility to create a template out of a message). And we do this
single-use most of the time, so creating a template is a little bit
oversized-

>>> Then I misunderstood your question.  You want "Edit As New".
>>

>> Edit as new would be nice - but it doesn't take over the
>> reciepients addresses.
>
> So what you are asking for is reply to all, without body text.  That
> is not a sufficiently different use case to justify its existence
> over doing a reply to all and manually removing/changing the body
> text.

What I ask for i described in the use case above - and it existed in
older versions of imp - so it's possible to see the behavior there.
We want to resume the message: With to, cc, bcc, subject AND
body-text. Just as if I retyped it in this moment.

> And/or you should be creating distribution lists in Turba to do this
> properly.

No - creating a distribution list for a single mail is nonsense.

regards
Lukas