[imp] All my PGP signed messages marked as BAD

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Thu Jun 6 14:38:36 UTC 2013

I have been noticing my PGP signed messages have been flagging as BAD
signature when sent to list, but just looked a little harder, and
can't find a single email that I have sent AT ALL in two years that
Imp is showing GOOD signature for - yet I know that it has been fine
before, as I tested it when I first started using it. Now if I go back
to those messages that I sent to test it, even they all show up as
BAD, even though at the time they showed as GOOD. :( Messages I send
now and then go and check immediately in Sent are shown as BAD, so
it's not that these have been modified somehow...

If I command line test PGP on the Horde server with keys taken from
Imp's preference pages I get the following:

Sign a text file:

[simon at emp06 simon]# gpg --sign < im.txt -o im2.txt
You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID BF5BE442, created 2011-05-18

Verify it:

[simon at emp06 simon]# gpg --verify im2.txt
gpg: Signature made Thu 06 Jun 2013 11:56:34 PM EST using DSA key ID BF5BE442
gpg: Good signature from "Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 3F76 F802 4161 8BE8 AA6A  3983 95A8 4A10 BF5B E442

So the keys are OK...

I was questioning whether I had any emails that were showing good, but
found some from Ralf Lang that display as GOOD.

The ones from Ralf that display as GOOD All have:

gpg: Signature made Mon 11 Mar 2013 23:20:00 EST using DSA key ID 727F5FB0
gpg: Good signature from "Ralf Lang (B1 Systems IT Consultant &
Trainer Ralf Lang) <lang at b1-systems.de>"
gpg: aka "Ralf Lang (ralf-lang.de) <ralf.lang at ralf-lang.de>"
gpg: aka "Ralf Lang (Ralf Lang - SoleSystems.de) <ralf.lang at solesystems.de>"

The ones from Ralf that display as BAD all have:

gpg: Signature made Fri 01 Mar 2013 02:59:27 EST using DSA key ID 727F5FB0
gpg: BAD signature from "Ralf Lang (B1 Systems IT Consultant & Trainer
Ralf Lang) <lang at b1-systems.de>"

None of mine show as GOOD, and all are:

gpg: Signature made Tue 26 Jun 2012 13:59:44 EST using DSA key ID BF5BE442
gpg: BAD signature from "Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>"

Am I doing something wrong, or has something broken with pgp??

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16