[imp] All my PGP signed messages marked as BAD

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sat Jun 8 17:39:31 UTC 2013

Quoting simon at simonandkate.net:

>> You wouldn't happen to be using an old version of PHP, are you?
>> Like  PHP 5.3.3?
>>
>> stream_get_contents() is buggy in older versions of PHP, IIRC.
>>
>> michael
>>

> Centos 6.4, PHP 5.3.3.
>
> I'd imagine there would be quite a few still running 5.3.3?
> Particularly as it is the packaged version on RH and derivatives...

See the previous discussion on this topic in the list archives.
Namely: just because your distribution uses a certain version of a
code interpreter (i.e. PHP), that does not mean you are locked to that
version.  There are all sorts of 3rd party options.

At this point, if you are still running something like PHP 5.3.3
almost 3 years after its release, that is a security risk. (Vendor
specific "security patches" do NOT provide adequate support.)  There
have now been **23** additional bug/security fixes since 5.3.3, and
that doesn't account for the fact that PHP 5.4 was long ago released
and is stable, and PHP 5.5 is now in the RC stages.

Additionally, as mentioned before, we support the PHP 5.3 **API**, not
the actual distributed version of PHP 5.3.0 itself.  Our documentation
doesn't make this distinction because it would be confusing to most
users.

So obviously there is something wrong with the way
stream_get_contents() works on these ancient releases.  I'll have to
find a workaround, but this is not a high priority since there is
nothing wrong with the code itself.

michael