[imp] All my PGP signed messages marked as BAD

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Mon Jun 10 07:26:50 UTC 2013

Citeren Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> Using the IUS repo I can fairly simply upgrade to 5.3.25, or to
> 5.4.15, and still be within a repo-based RPM environment. Both
> versions were released May 2013.
>
> Question though, what effect does that have on all the pear and pecl
> modules that are installed? I imagine if I stick within php 5.3
> probably not much?

Indeed. They will all use the same API, so as long as you stick with
PHP 5.3 any PECL module compiled can be used.

> But what about if I go to php 5.4?

You'll need to compile the extensions again after upgrading to 5.4,
since the API will have changed (which will also be reported if you
attempt to use an extension compiled for an earlier version).

    pecl install -f <extension1> <extension2> ... <extensionx>

After restarting the webserver, you should be good to go.

> I don't want to break things just because I don't understand the
> relationship between installed pear and pecl modules, with the
> system's version of PHP.

Remember to also upgrade the -devel packages and remove the old ones.