[imp] Problem sending mails when big attachments should be automatically linked

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Tue Jun 11 06:30:30 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I'm using IMP 6.1.0 and Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.0.

I have a problem whenever I try to attach a file bigger than
$conf[compose][link_attach_threshold] which is 3,000,000 bytes in my
case. In the compose window the attachment is attached to the mail, at
least that is displayed in a green info-box. When I press "Send" a red
alert box is popping up saying "Unable to open VFS file". The horde
log says something similar:

2013-06-11T06:25:00+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE [imp] Unable to open VFS file.
[pid 6437 on line 27 of
"/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]

The VFS in Horde is configured like this:
$conf['vfs']['params']['vfsroot'] = '/tmp';
$conf['vfs']['type'] = 'File';

The file is uploaded in my temp-directory which is located at /tmp.
More exactly the file is uploaded to the directory
/tmp/.horde/imp/attachments/my_user. All the directories starting from
/tmp/.horde are owned by the user that runs the web server (www-data).

I thought that if the file was uploaded then it should be readable to
horde and the web server. I'm a little confused and I hope you can
help me out.

--
Greetings
Jens