[imp] Fwd: [Tickets #12341] Re: Can't edit ACLs with new Imap_Client

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Tue Jun 25 01:22:09 UTC 2013

Ticket URL: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12341
Ticket             | 12341
Updated By         | simon at simonandkate.net
Summary            | Can't edit ACLs with new Imap_Client
Queue              | Horde Base
Version            | 5.1.0
Type               | Bug
State              | Feedback
Priority           | 1. Low
Milestone          |
Patch              |
Owners             |

> simon at simonandkate.net (2013-06-25 00:23) wrote:

>> You've defined an admin config in imp/backends.local.php that doesn't
>> contain a password.
>>
> Thank you Michael - "Not A Bug", resolved with either addition of admin and
> password to the admin section, or removal of the section (I had been under
> the erroneous impression that the userhierarchy entry was needed).
>
> I have a couple of questions on the admin functionality, but will take to
> the mailing list rather than here.

Michael pointed out where I had backends.local.php configured
incorrectly, but I have a couple of questions that are probably better suited
to the list than bugs.horde.org.

Firstly, if I enable Horde to auth via an application/imp (rather than
LDAP) with an admin section in imp's backend.local.php with password,
username and userhierarchy, then admin/user.php shows the "Users in
the system" that are in the IMAP system as expected. However I don't
see any other "mailbox management" functionality - are there other
things that I need to do, or is the 'add user' and password all that
can be set? Can you reconstruct folders, set quotas...?

Secondly - with the admin section having a username and password in
backends.local.php, doing an Edit ACL in Imp with a debug set in
Imap.php shows the admin login/password as specified in
backends.local.php. Is it editing the ACL as the user that called it,
or as admin?

Finally - with the admin section commented out in backends.local.php,
a httpd restart with horde-clear-cache, backtrace/debug on Imap.php
still shows 'administrator' username and password being used for an
Edit ACL, yet it's no longer set... I am not using php caching, so am
not sure where it is getting it from?

Simon

--
Simon Wilson