[imp] blacklist / whitelist buttons are not hidden while disabled

Nethub Online nethubonline at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 09:58:44 UTC 2013

Michael M Slusarz <slusarz <at> horde.org> writes:

> You aren't using the prefs storage backend.  So these prefs have no effect.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz <at> horde.org]

Thanks Michael and Arjen,

Okey, I have tested with using prefs storage backend but still not success.

Now I think my config in config/registry.local.php is not necessary, so that
I commented it.

config/registry.local.php
// $this->applications['ingo']['provides'] = array('filter',
'mail/applyFilters', 'mail/canApplyFilters', 'mail/showFilters');

Below are testing on 4 situations for sql & prefs storage driver:

For situation A:
ingo/config/conf.local.php
$conf['storage']['driver'] = 'sql';

ingo/config/prefs.local.php
$_prefs['blacklist']['locked'] = false;
$_prefs['whitelist']['locked'] = false;

Result 1: Mail > Filters, "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are SHOWN and can be editied
Result 2: Mail,  highlight one email, and then click "Other" and then on
pull down menu "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are SHOWN

For situation B:
ingo/config/conf.local.php
$conf['storage']['driver'] = 'sql';

ingo/config/prefs.local.php
$_prefs['blacklist']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['whitelist']['locked'] = true;

Result 1: Mail > Filters, "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are NOT shown
Result 2: Mail,  highlight one email, and then click "Other" and then on
pull down menu "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are SHOWN

For situation C:
ingo/config/conf.local.php
$conf['storage']['driver'] = 'prefs';

ingo/config/prefs.local.php
$_prefs['blacklist']['locked'] = false;
$_prefs['whitelist']['locked'] = false;

Result 1: Mail > Filters, "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are SHOWN and can be editied
Result 2: Mail,  highlight one email, and then click "Other" and then on
pull down menu "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are SHOWN

For situation D:
ingo/config/conf.local.php
$conf['storage']['driver'] = 'prefs';

ingo/config/prefs.local.php
$_prefs['blacklist']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['whitelist']['locked'] = true;

Result 1: Mail > Filters, "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are NOT shown
Result 2: Mail,  highlight one email, and then click "Other" and then on
pull down menu "Whitelist" & "Blacklist" are SHOWN

Am I testing correctly? Or it is not working well? Thanks for advise.