[imp] Interest in Sponsoring Fetchmail feature for Horde 5/Imp 6

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Aug 1 14:15:07 UTC 2013

I am not sure if this is more appropriate for the imp or horde mailing
lists.  I apologize in advance if I got it wrong.

FanMail is upgrading our email service to the current Horde Webmail
service suite.

We have been testing with the latest Debian packaged versions and one
thing we have really missed is the ability to fetch email from other
accounts.  I personally have to keep bouncing back to our current
production service and run FetchMail to pull in my Gmail and cable
company email so I don't have to log into and read three separate email
accounts.

So, I have a question for all you awesome Horde developers...do any of
you have the time to work on updating the old fetchmail feature to work
with the latest horde/imp, and do you have any sort of estimate as to
the cost?

We are not a big company, but we need fetchmail (or something that will
check and pull in email from multiple accounts), are not going to have
the time to develop it ourselves, and would like to be able to
contribute something back to the excellent Horde project.

Please feel free to respond off list with your thoughts and feedback.

Sincerely,

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.