[imp] Interest in Sponsoring Fetchmail feature for Horde 5/Imp 6

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Aug 1 17:56:36 UTC 2013

Quoting Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:

> So, I have a question for all you awesome Horde developers...do any
> of you have the time to work on updating the old fetchmail feature
> to work with the latest horde/imp, and do you have any sort of
> estimate as to the cost?

The old fetchmail functionality is not coming back.  It simply doesn't
work coherently/properly in a PHP environment with limited process
times (and is non-threaded).

The replacement MUST be the ability to access multiple accounts within
a single session.  But this is not a trivial change, and thus far
nobody has ponied up the funding needed to accomplish this (this would
probably require week(s) of work, as opposed to hours).

michael