[imp] Report as Spam and Refreshing

Kareem Dana kareem.dana at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 18:44:05 UTC 2013

I have my spam reporting preferences set to move spam messages to the Spam
mailbox after they have been reported as spam, likewise innocent messages
are moved to the Inbox.

When I report a message as spam, I get the notice that it has been
successfully reported but the mailbox does not refresh, so it still appears
to be in in the Inbox until I manually refresh it. Everything works, the
spam reporting program gets the spam message and successfully reports it,
the message is properly moved. It is just that IMP does not refresh the
mailbox after successful reporting.

Here are the relevant configuration settings :

backends.local.php:
$servers['imap']['spam'] = array(
    'innocent' => array(
        'display' => true,
        'program' => '/usr/local/bin/ham.sh'
    ),
    'spam' => array(
        'display' => false,
        'program' => '/usr/local/bin/spam.sh'
    ));

prefs.local.php:
$_prefs['delete_spam_after_report']['value'] = 2;
$_prefs['move_innocent_after_report']['value'] = 1;

I see three possible solutions and I'd like some advice on them:
1) Is this a bug in IMP? Should it be refreshing the mailbox after
reporting a message spam.
2) Did I do something wrong? Is there a config setting I forgot or messed
up?
3) Can I setup some hook using post_spam to refresh the mailbox after
reporting it? If so, what code would refresh a mailbox.

Thanks for any help,
Kareem