[imp] Can't send email with IE8

Maxime Pelletier maxime.pelletier at educsa.org
Tue Aug 20 17:01:31 UTC 2013

Hi all,

we have a problem with IE8. Users can't send messages with IE8. When they
click "Send", the message body is grayed out, the little circle starts
spinning, and then nothing. The auto-complete for the "To" field doesn't
work as well. In attachment you'll find a screenshot of this.

IE is giving me the following error when clicking on Send:
===============
onException#<Hash:{'name': 'TypeError', 'message': 'Object doesn\'t support
this property or method', 'number': -2146827850, 'description': 'Object
doesn\'t support this property or method'}
===============

I don't see anything in apache logs, and everything works well in other
browsers.

Note that this happens in Dynamic mode. If I log in Basic mode, I get an
error from IE about CKEditor, but I'm able to send the message. The
CKEditor error is:
===============
Message : 'CKEDITOR.instances.composeMessage' is null or not an object
Ligne : 132
Caractère : 13
Code : 0
URI :
http://courrieldev.csaffluents.qc.ca/imp/js/compose.js?v=c6a78b1ebc5367f16acb204d7d8f12cb

First, am I the only one having trouble with IE8? And does anyone have some
advice for me?

Thanks a lot in advance