[imp] High priority mail

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Aug 23 18:23:31 UTC 2013

Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:

> On 22/08/2013 1:43 AM, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
>>
>> When a mail is received with Priority as High, the mailbox listing is
>> suppose to show the mail with 'pink' background color (default). But, it
>> changes color to pink only after the mail is opened once.
>>

> I can't reproduce either. High Priority emails are highlighted pink
> immediately in my tests.

It's entirely dependent on the order the IMAP server returns the IMAP flags.

The problem is that both 'unseen' and 'high priority' have the same
CSS importance.  CSS only allows a binary determination of what is
"important".  Thus, 2 or more rules with labeled important necessarily
need to overwrite each other in either a FIFO or LIFO manner.

Writing code to get around this would be prohibitively expensive and
not worth it - especially since "priority" is not even a real,
recognized flag.

michael