[imp] Want your views on open folder, moving a mail to a folder, purging option

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Sat Aug 24 05:26:26 UTC 2013

Dear List,
I have started using Dynamic View of HGWE 5.1.1 and testing the features.
As I have been used to using Basic/Traditional view, my questions are
w.r.t. the same.  I am new to this DIMP and please excuse, if I am asking
something very silly.

1. In dynamic view, I don't get a option to Open a Folder somewhere on the
top.  I have 100+ folders in my mailbox and I need to scroll down to open
the one which I want to open.  Am I missing something?  Is there any
other way of opening the folder?

2. In dynamic view, when I have mail opened for reading, how do I move it
to intended folder.  There is no option.  Is it possible only by Drag and
Drop method?  If Drag and Drop method is the only solution, then, first I
need to make sure the folder to which I need to move the mail made visible
on the screen by scrolling down in the folder list and then select the mail
to be moved, and then drag and drop.  One need to think in advance all
these steps.

3. We have 'Delete option' in the Main screen, but 'Purge Deleted' is under
'Others'.  As there is no direct way of deleting the mails, I feel 'Purge
Deleted' should be listed next to 'Delete' (most frequently used
operation).

4. Is it not possible to move automatically to next mail in the order after
deleting the mail which is being read?

Will keep updating the list, If I find answers to my own questions, as I
get used to this new interface.
--
           Regards
            Anant