[imp] Want your views on open folder, moving a mail to a folder, purging option

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sat Aug 24 23:14:04 UTC 2013

Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> Dear List,
> I have started using Dynamic View of HGWE 5.1.1 and testing the features.
> As I have been used to using Basic/Traditional view, my questions are
> w.r.t. the same.  I am new to this DIMP and please excuse, if I am asking
> something very silly.
>
> 1. In dynamic view, I don't get a option to Open a Folder somewhere on the
> top.  I have 100+ folders in my mailbox and I need to scroll down to open
> the one which I want to open.  Am I missing something?  Is there any
> other way of opening the folder?

That's the whole point of the folder list in the sidebar.

I fail to see how navigating a folder tree is any more difficult than
navigating a lengthy drop-down list.

> 2. In dynamic view, when I have mail opened for reading, how do I move it
> to intended folder.  There is no option.  Is it possible only by Drag and
> Drop method?

Yes.

> 3. We have 'Delete option' in the Main screen, but 'Purge Deleted' is under
> 'Others'.  As there is no direct way of deleting the mails, I feel 'Purge
> Deleted' should be listed next to 'Delete' (most frequently used
> operation).

No.  If you want to delete messages and then instantly purge, you
should REALLY be using a Trash folder instead.  You are doing a bunch
of extra work for no gain.

Purge Deleted should be a very infrequently used option.

michael