[imp] imp 6.1.4

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Tue Aug 27 22:44:16 UTC 2013

>> Quoting Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com>:

>>> I have an 1920x1200 screen.  I never run any app full screen as that
>>> just wastes space.  I typically run my browser around 1024x800-ish.
>>> The initial compose window opens the size I expect (828x683), but
>>> then tries to fill the screen from top to bottom (I run the start bar
>>> at the side, so it doesn't quite make it to the bottom) and is now a
>>> compose window of 828x1150.
>>>
>>> It is probably all by design, but I'm not a fan of the design.
>>
>> This is correct behavior.  If you don't like the design decision,
>> you can always hack the source.
>
> After all, the previous decision made less sense (it was just an
> arbitrary size value).  Especially if you had a bunch of addresses,
> you had very little space to compose without scrolling.  The new
> behavior is a much more reasonable default as you can see more of
> your message body at once.
>
> michael

If using Outlook (I know...I know), and you reply to a message, it
opens in a size that was last used to compose a message.  One could, I
suppose, use a cookie to store the window size used in the Compose
window and always use that value.  I don't think that selecting max
height minus 50 pixels is a good solution, it should be more flexible.

brent