[imp] Which will be the last version to support Basic View?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Aug 30 18:37:42 UTC 2013

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> On 30.08.2013 06:32, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
>> Dear Developers,
>>
>> Which will be the last version to support Basic View?
> I think there is no intention to drop it altogether, at least not in
> Horde 5. But new features probably won't be added to basic view anymore.

I've discussed removing "basic view" from IMP 6.2.  There is
absolutely no reason to keep *4* separate views.  And I have zero time
to maintain the "basic" view. The simple fact is that the code is not
maintained, so it needs to be immediately removed.

For IMP, this means that basic view will be redirected to dynamic
view, if available, or else the minimal view.

If you cherish basic view in IMP, your choice will be to continue to
use IMP 6.1.

michael