[imp] very slow printing

Bernd Wolf bernd.wolf at csw-wolf.de
Tue Sep 10 11:58:21 UTC 2013

Hello,

if I use the print-icon of mails, the process waits 10-40s before
getting the choose-printer dialog.

I'm using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.2 on CentOS 6.2,
installed at a local server, accessing Cyrus-Imap.
Everything looks ok, no known problems.

Other clients (Thunderbird) doesn't show any performance problems.

If horde-server accesses local cyrus-imap, it's about 10-20s waiting -
without any load, only a testsystem, 1 user.

Tried with MS-Windows IE, but mostly using Firefox from linux desktop.

What's to be seen:
- download of email using the icon works very well
- print of email using the print-icon: long waiting
   - checked network/server-load: server's cpu-load goes to 100%
during wait, network traffic is at the beginning
     and at the end very shortly
- print from browser's STRG+P works very well, but not very nicely formatted
- mail server load: no visible time to wait, no problems in logs or
with performance

Any idea about this?

--
Bernd