[imp] message compose (upload) hangs after aborted connected

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Thu Sep 12 10:51:56 UTC 2013

Hi all,

due to reasons currently beyond our control, an AJAX call used to
upload an attachment is aborted by the web server.

When using Firebug to watch the network requests, I see it report that
the request was aborted.

Unfortunately, the (dynamic view) message compose window still shows
the "uploading attachment" message and I have no way to retry that (or
any other) upload. Other UI elements do work, I can edit the message
content etc. and even delete already attached uploads. But new uploads
are "blocked" by that status message.

Shouldn't the JS AJAX code catch that condition (abort of AJAX call)
and reset the UI status so I can select to upload again?

Regards,

Jens