[imp] Unable to upgrade IMP 6.0.1 -> 6.1.4

Rob Merigold rmerigold at infoglobe.net
Tue Sep 17 12:51:31 UTC 2013

I've been trying to upgrade my working imp 6.0.1 installation to 6.1.4.  I
keep getting an error on a white screen by itself:

Error: Class IMP_Factory_Imap does not exist

Nothing useful on searches aside from a comment from someone about something
not being installed correctly and checking upgrade docs.  Being that I have
a working 6.0.1 install that breaks when I use pear to upgrade to 6.1.4, I
suspect something else is wrong.

The screen shows on the URL /services/portal/index.php and any other page
before/after log in.  The only way I can log in is to restore my 6.0.1
version, then upgrade and refresh a page.  The system is otherwise unusable
with the upgraded imp in place as the error screen replaces the login
screen.

I can see an Imap.php at imp/lib/Factory/Imap.php which on line 23 has the
declaration for the offending class.

This file doesn't seem to get included - I added a "print 'got here';
exit;" atop the class declaration which doesn't print in the browser before
the error appears, or at all for that matter.

I've been able to upgrade all other horde apps including horde itself, but
when upgrading Horde to 5.1.4, I was unable to access the admin/config area,
getting a Horde class NoSql not found (or similar).  I eventually commented
out all the NoSql code in horde/admin/config/index.php and I could get into
and use the config system.

If anyone has any insight, I'd very much appreciate it.  For now, I'm stuck
on a restored-from-backup IMP 6.0.1, which works fine after each & every
restore even with the updated horde.

I've verified my open_basedir restrictions aren't preventing anything from
being accessed, all horde files are owned by the webserver (apache) user and
I like to think that I've done all the usual basic checks.

Apologies for the long message, but I've really tried to narrow this one
down before asking for help.

Regards,

Rob Merigold