[imp] Horde_Smtp locale

R Phillips R.I.Phillips at bath.ac.uk
Wed Oct 9 09:55:57 UTC 2013

On attempting to send a message using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
5.1.2 with a separate pear install, there is an error that the locale
directory cannot be found, "pear/php/Horde/Smtp/../../../locale" which
would appear to be correct, such a directory does not exist.

I did check if Horde_Smtp was not installed, but it is:

"horde/Horde_Smtp is already installed and is the same as the released
version 1.2.3"

I speculate this comes from Translation.php

"self::$_directory = '@data_dir@' == '@'.'data_dir'.'@' ? __DIR__ .
'/../../../locale' : '@data_dir@/Horde_Smtp/locale';"

<path to>/pear/data/Horde_Smtp/locale does exist and the following
values are set to appropriate values in .htaccess:

php_value include_path
SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR

We're using php-5.4.14

So is @data_dir@ not being set appropriately, is ../../../locale
searching for the wrong directory - or, more likely, I've done something
else wrong?