[imp] Usage of second email address

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Fri Oct 11 00:36:10 UTC 2013

----- Message from Dominik Erdmann <horde_mailing at der-domi.de> ---------
    Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 22:50:39 +0200
    From: Dominik Erdmann <horde_mailing at der-domi.de>
Subject: Re: [imp] Usage of second email address
      To: imp at lists.horde.org

> Am 09.10.2013 09:15, schrieb Jan Schneider:
>
>>> I want to use the second email address in address book. So I
>>> configured following in turba/config/backends.local.php
>>>
>>>        // 'email' => 'object_email',
>>>        'homeEmail' => 'object_homeemail',
>>>        'workEmail' => 'object_workemail',
>>> [...]
>>>    'search' => array(
>>>        'name',
>>>        'alias',
>>>        'homeEmail',
>>>        'workEmail',
>>>        'category'
>>>    ),
>>>
>>> and additional:
>>> Preferences => Mail => Address Books => Select all fields to search
>>> when expanding addresses: "all 5 fields"
>>>

>>> But this does have some resulting problems:
>>> - The auto completion for email addresses in "new message" does not work.
>>> - The address book in "new message" is empty.
>>> - If I add a S/MIME public keys to a contact in the address book, I
>>> get the message: "S/MIME Eror: No smimePublicKey entry found for
>>> user at example.com"
>>> - Maybe some more issues I don't see? ...
>>>
>>> For the second point I found to change in imp/lib/Basic/Contacts.php
>>>    'returnFields' => array('homeEmail', 'name', 'workEmail', 'name'),
>>> So I get all email addresses returned.
>
> I changed the config to:
>
>         'email' => 'object_email',
>         // 'homeEmail' => 'object_homeemail',
>         'workEmail' => 'object_workemail',
> [...]
>     'search' => array(
>         'name',
>         'alias',
>         'email',
>         'workEmail',
>         'category'
>     ),
>
> This works better but the listed issues does only fix the first
> email address. I expect that the auto completion of the address book
> in "new message" also will return the workEmail when I'm typing the
> name.
>
>>> My question is if there are any global setting to change this?
>>>
>>> I found a bug report [1] which treat the first point.
>>
>> Then you already have an answer to your question.
>>
>>> [1] http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12480
>
> What does the state "feedback" means? Whose feedback is wanted?
>

> Thanks,
> Dominik
> --

Mine.

Because of history of changes that I have made over the last couple of
years in adding support for multiple email addresses in Turba /
ActiveSync / iOS, which was then implemented into source in a slightly
different manner, my setup does not quite work correctly for
auto-complete in Imp. I need to resolve that by changing my setup to
Horde config and seeing if that resolves the issue for me.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16