[imp] Token lifetimes (was Re: EMERG: HORDE Diese Anfrage konnte nicht durchgeführt werden)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Nov 3 21:30:02 UTC 2013

Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:

>>> This one?
>>> conf.php:$conf['urls']['token_lifetime'] = 30;
>>
>> Yes.
>
> I must increase the timeout to 720 minutes, 120 minutes was not enough,
> the users come to me with the timeout printouts of mails.

See the discussion on the dev@ list.  Additionally, nobody has come
forward with any evidence that changing token lifetimes adds any
appreciable security.

I've already committed code that changes token production/changing in
IMP 6.1.6 to stop using the Horde_Token library and instead use the
hard-coded, never expiring session-length token that we already
generate so that would fix this issue without having to change
configuration settings.

michael