[imp] deleted linked attachments

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Sun Nov 10 10:56:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

We may have a misconfiguration here or is it a bug?

If a recipient of a message with a linked attachment clicks on the link
after the attachment was deleted from the server, they will get an empty
file named "attachment.php".

Also, the sender will receive a message like
"Your linked attachment has been downloaded by at least one user.

Name:
Type:
Sent Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 +0100

Click on the following link to permanently delete the attachment:
<link to file goes here>"

A 4XX "file not found" resonse would be better I believe.

If the problem lies in our end I would be happy to hear where to look!

Thank you,

//per