[imp] deleted linked attachments

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Nov 11 21:16:02 UTC 2013

Quoting Per olof Ljungmark <peo at intersonic.se>:

> Hi,
>
> We may have a misconfiguration here or is it a bug?
>
> If a recipient of a message with a linked attachment clicks on the link
> after the attachment was deleted from the server, they will get an empty
> file named "attachment.php".
>
> Also, the sender will receive a message like
> "Your linked attachment has been downloaded by at least one user.
>
> Name:
> Type:
> Sent Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 01:00:00 +0100

This means that IMP can't find the metadata file that contains the
details about the linked attachment.

Is this an old file (i.e. sent with < IMP 6.1)?
IMP_Compose_LinkedAttachment#convert() tries to convert to the new
format, but I don't know if it is working correctly.

Otherwise, you need to check your VFS backend and make sure the
metadata file is being correctly generated when sending a message.  It
is stored (by default) in ".horde/imp/attachments/[username]/metadata"
(the file

I can verify that this works fine on my installation.

michael