[imp] Mail compose opens empty window

Vasyl Ostrovskyi vo at imath.kiev.ua
Fri Nov 22 17:24:05 UTC 2013

22.11.13 02:49, Karel Kozlík написав(ла):
> I upgraded IMP from ver 4 to 6.1.6 and I encounter problem that when I
> want compose new email message, new window with text "Loading ..."
> appear and that's it. Except this text the window is empty.

I had the same thing. I solwed this problem the following way.

1. Manually uninstall all packages from the pear horde channel (pear
list -c horde, then series of commands: pear uninstall horde/package2
horde/package2 ...)
2. install horde/Horde_Role, run script as described in the installation
manual
3. install webmail bundle:
pear install -a -B horde/webmail

Works fine, tested on 2 different machines

Important: I do not know why, but running on step 3:
pear install -a -B horde/horde
pear install -a -B horde/imp

does not solve the problem, Imp shows "Loading..." (again, tested on 2
different machines). Probably some hidden dependencies which are
satisfied when one installs more packages.

Regards,
Vasyl Ostrovskyi