[imp] Compose message in HTML not working

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Nov 22 20:57:07 UTC 2013

Quoting Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:

> Hi,
>

> We seem to have problems with HTML composition of a new or replied to
> message and cut/paste from Word:
>

> 1-Using Firefox 25.0, when you paste from Word using the 'paste from word'
> button, you get a browser security setting dialog box asking you to paste in
> the box, then click OK.  When you paste in the box, the formatting is
> preserved as in the original Word document.  However, when you click OK, the
> inserted text is unformatted.
>

> 2-When you use IE 9 or 10, the problem as above.  Pasted from word loses
> formatting.

Maybe this?

http://www.keyvan.net/2012/11/clean-up-html-on-paste-in-ckeditor/

> 3-When you use IE 11, you can't paste at all.  You click the paste from word
> button, get a security message regarding access to the clipboard, then you
> get nothing.  In fact, you can't even do standard paste in IE 11 from say
> Notepad or using ctrl-C & ctrl-V.

That sounds more like a browser/ckeditor issue.  Unfortunately, we
can't upgrade to ckeditor 4 because it will break a bunch of custom
code that is specific to ckeditor 3 (needed, e.g., to switch between
plaintext and html compose modes; allow spellchecking on html content).

michael