[imp] Generating a Compose message (with content) via script

Robin Bankhead horde at headbank.co.uk
Sun Dec 29 21:16:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was thinking about trying to integrate some IMP actions into our
existing intranet app, and have a couple of enquiries as to whether
this is feasible.

We already use a full horde-webmail install (using auto-login) under
the same server (at /horde/ via an Apache alias) but the two do not
currently interact.

What I would like to be able to do would be to generate a message body
within our own app and send it to IMP, then opening it in a Compose
window.  This won't work with a mailto: link because the body is too
long for the URI limit in some cases.

So my questions are:

1. Is it actually possible to feed the whole message body (plus
recipient header) to IMP via script in this manner?

2. Is the Apache alias a problem; would I need to relocate the horde
install under the real web root?

3. With horde installed to /horde/, are there any additional
requirements to ensure my scripts access it fully (ie with all the
same auth params etc as if calling it directly in the browser)?  I
changed the cookie_path to '' but I'm not sure if this is all I need
to do.

Thanks for any pointers.

Robin Bankhead