[imp] Generating a Compose message (with content) via script

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Dec 30 20:08:34 UTC 2013

Quoting Robin Bankhead <horde at headbank.co.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking about trying to integrate some IMP actions into our
> existing intranet app, and have a couple of enquiries as to whether
> this is feasible.
>
> We already use a full horde-webmail install (using auto-login) under
> the same server (at /horde/ via an Apache alias) but the two do not
> currently interact.
>
> What I would like to be able to do would be to generate a message
> body within our own app and send it to IMP, then opening it in a
> Compose window.  This won't work with a mailto: link because the
> body is too long for the URI limit in some cases.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1. Is it actually possible to feed the whole message body (plus
> recipient header) to IMP via script in this manner?

Not as of now.  This is intentional to prevent abuses of the compose
sending process.

And I don't really see any need to add this functionality to the
compose pages.  it might be useful to add an externally-accessible
service that allows mail to be sent via the IMP mailer configuration.
But this would be an independent action ... and also doesn't currently
exist.

michael