[imp] Move pref to another prefGroup in preferences

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jan 13 20:21:48 UTC 2014

Quoting Arminas <g.arminas at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> we would like to have pref['save_recipients'] under the
> prefGroups['identities'] group in IMP. I added to
> imp/config/prefs.local.php the following line:
> $prefGroups['identities']['members'] = array( *all_other_items_listed*
> , 'save_recipients');
>
> The member appeared in the Identities preferences, but it seems that
> changing the option there doesn't effect "real" parameter, because it
> doesn't matter weather the checkbox is marked or not, the functionality
> remains the same.
>
> Is it possible to move that member from addressbooks to identities
> prefGroup ?

No.  identities are a special entity.  They are NOT saved in the pref
value - they are saved in an internal format that allows each identity
to have a different copy of each preference.

You would need to do some hacking to add additional pref entries to
the identity (see IMP_Prefs_Identity).

michael