[imp] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function add() on a non-object in /usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2357

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jan 14 00:55:14 UTC 2014

Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> Dear List,
>
> Have been getting this error since relase of server for users.  Enabled
> IMAP debugging and following are the things, which I feel are relevant with
> reference to error.
>
> httpd/error_log
>
> [Sun Jan 12 10:59:37 2014] [error] [client 10.22.14.50] PHP Fatal error:
> Call to a member function add() on a non-object in
> /usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php on line 2357, referer:
> http://isacmail.isac.dos.gov.in/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox

You can try adding this right before line 2357:

if (!is_object($pipeline->data['searchresp'])) {
     Horde::debug(array($this, $pipeline));
}

...and then provide the debug output when the issue occurs again.

> imap_debug.log

[snip]

>>> Slow Command: 30.03 seconds
>>> ERROR: read/timeout error.
> C: 4 LOGOUT
>
> I have a feeling that, this is relevant entry as, php fatal error has come
> only once and imap_debug.log also has only once ERROR recorded.

No.  If the process fatally errored, you would not receive the Slow
command output (since the process immediately dies instead of waiting
for a socket timeout, which is the point at which this error is
triggered).

michael