[imp] Base64-only message not quoted in reply

Robin Bankhead horde at headbank.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 14:21:09 UTC 2014

> Quoting Robin Bankhead <horde at headbank.co.uk>:
>
>> Didn't want to ticket this automatically in case it's put down to
>> bad message format (I'm no expert but this seems a common reply to
>> such issues).
>>
>> The (redacted) message below is all base64-encoded text/plain and
>> has no plaintext part.  It views fine, but when replying to it, it
>> is not quoted.  We have no issues with the original HTML +
>> quoted-printable messages from the same sender, but their replies
>> to our replies always come in this base64-only format (I wonder if
>> their Barracuda spam firewall is doing this?)
>
> This *faintly* sounds like an issue that may have occurred many
> years ago, but IIRC it was either an issue with a specific PHP
> version (possibly dealing with variable references) or has long
> since been fixed in IMP and/or Horde.
>
> michael

Indeed, I was going off this old ticket[1], though the difference is
that person got raw base64 in the reply quote; I get nothing.

PHP version is 4.3.1; currently I can (if necessary) upgrade to a
later 4.3 version, but I'm not able to go beyond that without full
code-review of the other application on the same server.

Horde platform is groupware-H5 pear on Windows/Apache2.2, all up to
date excepting imp-6.1.5 (and I see nothing in changelog that might
address this).

Thanks,
Robin Bankhead