[imp] S/MIME verification error

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jan 22 20:23:59 UTC 2014

Quoting Sören Mindorf <soeren at mindorf-it.de>:

> Hello Michael,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.
>
> I can't see more, sorry.

[snip]

>>> I've a problem with the S/MIME.
>>>
>>> A fried has a valid S/MIME certificate but when I view it in horde
>>> it displays:
>>>
>>> The data in this part has been digitally signed via S/MIME.
>>> Verification failed - an unknown error has occurred.
>>>
>>> How ca I debug it or know someone how to fix it?
>>>
>>> The certificate is imported successfull in the addrssbook.
>>>
>>> When I check it with different mailcients it is vaild.
>>>
>>> Versions: Horde Groupwere 5.1.3
>>>         IMP 6.1.6
>>
>> Without an example message causing the issue, we can't provide any support.

We need a copy of the message source that is displaying this behavior.
  Or if the message is private, we need a separate reproducible test
message.

FWIW, the error "an unknown error has occurred" is returned when there
is an error returned from the PHP internal S/MIME methods.  It's not
Horde that's choking on the message data - it's PHP itself.

michael