[imp] Custom menu links via menu.php - or registry.local.php?

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Fri Feb 7 11:39:14 UTC 2014

  ----- Message from Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> ---------
   Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 23:13:48 +0100
   From: Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>
Subject: Re: [imp] Custom menu links via menu.php - or registry.local.php?
     To: Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org>, imp at lists.horde.org

> On 06.02.2014 20:31, Brett Charbeneau wrote:
>> I found another wiki entry
>>
>> http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizeMenu
>>
>>       which appears to indicate that a registry.local.php needs to be
>> created and additional code entered there. So I created a file by that
>> name and entered the code below, but still no joy.
>>
>> // Custom Menus
>> 'questions' => array(
>>        'name' => _("Questions?"),
>>        'status' => 'heading',
>>    ),
>>
>>      'faq' => array(
>>        'webroot' => FAQ/',
>>        'name' => _("FAQ"),
>>        'status' => 'active',
>>        'target' => '_blank',
>>        'menu_parent' => ' Questions?',
>>        'fileroot' => '/tmp',
>>        'icon' => ' QA.gif'
>>   ),
>
> Your registry.local.php needs to start with  <?php
> A real-world registry.local.php entry would be
> <?php
> $this->applications['mywebsite'] =
> array('name' => 'Website', 'status' => 'link', 'url' =>
> 'http://www.ralf-lang.de', 'menu_parent' => 'others', 'target' =>
'_new');

> menu_parent points to the group/heading where the item should be placed.
>
> You can add own headings like so:
>
> $this->applications['mytools'] = array('name' => 'My Tools', 'status' =>
> 'heading');
>
> --
> Ralf Lang
> Linux Consultant / Developer
> Tel.: +49-170-6381563
> Mail: lang at b1-systems.de
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.deGF: Ralph
> Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

----- End message from Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> -----

I have one observation in my setup w.r.t. Custom Menu links.

For the first time when we use any of the links provided in Custom Menu, it
opens in the same tab where Horde is open.  We need to press back button
to go back to Horde.  Next time onwards, the links open in new tab.  This
is observed with Firefox browser.  Has anybody experienced similar
behaviour?
--
           Regards
            Anant