[imp] Mail

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 13:26:18 UTC 2014

On 8 Mar 2014 12:00, <mail at ktalk.co> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are 3 bugs that are in the new and current system that should be
> updated if possible!

You say 3, and yet you write 4.  These have all been discussed to death, so
you clearly didn't search the archives.

> 1.  When sending an email, there is no address book link so that the user
> can select the person's address in the pop up window like it used to do in
> the old system. I would like to see this implemented in this version as
> soon as possible!

Just because the To: is not underlined does not mean it's not a link.  Hold
your cursor over it and it will change. Click it and it will open the
window you seek.  Links frequently are not underlined anymore.  I blame
Apple..

> 2.  When writing an email and saving a draft, when you go back into that
> draft email, the addresses are gone from the To, CC, or BCC columns and
> then you have to re-enter them all over again before you send the actual
> email itself!

Cannot reproduce. However, since you neglected to mention any version
numbers no one will be able to confirm this.

> 3.  Wne writing an email if you've got your signature set in the settings
> of the application, the signature should automatically appear which it
> doesn't do so when I send an email both in the HTML Composition and also
> the plain text composition.

Discussed to death.  Not going to change. A design decision. Please read
the archives.

> 4. There is no setting to write a new email message in the same window as
> there is now a pop up window when you write a new email message to
someone!

I'm not sure I understand.  You want your entire current window to be
consumed by the compose window and not create a pop-up window to write the
mail in? The way every other MUA in the world behaves?
Most browsers will let you drag new windows into the tab list of the
current one.

Simon