[imp] Imagick temp files written to /tmp by default

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 24 21:03:19 UTC 2014

> Quoting Aria Bamdad <aria at bsc.gwu.edu>:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> Running Horde 5.1.6 & IMP 6.1.7& PHP 5.3,  I noticed that imagick is
>> creating temp file in the default system /tmp directory rather than the
>> Horde configured $conf[tmpdir] directory.  Setting the PHP.INI variable
>> upload_tmp_dir doesn't seem to change this behavior either.  I have
>> $conf[image][driver] set to 'PECL Imagick Library' and $conf[exif][driver]
>> set to 'Bundled implementation in PHP'.
>>

>> I guess I could try to set an system wide environment variable for
>> MAGICK_TMPDIR to see if that helps but wanted to make sure this is working
>> as expected first.
>
> I am assuming that you are talking about when IMP displays image
> thumbnails? The image object is obtained via
> Horde_Core_Factory_Image::create() which obtains the tmpdir from
> Horde::getTempdir(). You'll have to find out why this method is not
> returning the correct tmpdir value for you.

Actually, nevermind. This value is only used in places that Horde has
control of where the files are written. I.e., temporary files that
*horde* creates. It seems that currently the only way to change the
place that Imagemagick/Imagick place *their* temporary files is to use
env. variables. See: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=66046
--
mike
The Horde Project